Saturday, September 12, 2009

Windows 2009




Parisian shop windows pull you in deep – like the eyes of a lover. Parisian shop windows are also the pathways to your wallet. They seduce, drawing you into a colorful, sophisticated world far removed from your drab everyday existence. Artful, thoughtful displays switch on the id. You stop, look, and want as your reflection bounces off the almost transparent cases of joy.

The beauty of the windows, the planning and vision of the window artists surprised me, and elicited unbridled joy in other passersby. Clothing, jewelry and hats are all arranged to catch and hold the eye.

In these photos you can practically hear each window whisper, “Step into our pool – quench your thirst – change your identity – change your life. Come in, come in – I can satisfy you, glamorize you …”

2 comments:

Karen M said...

I love window shopping... sometimes, just the imaginings is enough, especially when the windows are so beautiful.

Time4Grace said...

I like the first window. That blue really caught my attention and I love the color.