Thursday, May 19, 2011

Today's Bodacious Rant

Small busted women unite!  It’s time to start a movement to pay only for what we use.  Everyone knows that the price of a good undergarment has jumped higher than a grasshopper on fire.  Bras that are comfy, cradle and lift the girls to a sexy silhouette often start at $40, but I don’t want to spend $66 for the Natori push up bra, $55-58 for Victoria’s Secret BioFit, or $42 for a strapless Calvin Klein.  Why should I pay more when I’m carrying less? 

Don’t misunderstand--I prefer having toddler girls, not teenagers.  They won’t head as far south.  They’re not ham-sized.  They’re not basketballs.  When I run for the bus the bounce is modest.  They don’t sway erratically when I’m dancing.  They fill out my sweaters and look downright plump in a slim fitting t-shirt.  But shouldn’t my bra be cheaper than Wendy Williams’s or Lil‘ Kim‘s?  And yes, I believe that I should get a discount because I’m not a 36D.  It’s the green thing to do!  I’m using less fabric, so the seamstress will spend less time on my bra, using less energy and reducing the maker's carbon footprint.  Right?

I recently discovered the comfort and lower prices of the Gap and Target bras.  They've got color, lace, bows, buttons, and push-up profiles just like the expensive brands.  If you are of more modest proportions, check them out--you won't be disappointed!

No comments: