Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Cover Your Tracks

“Now arriving on Track 1, Section B is the scheduled 6:27 express to…”  I hear that announcement whenever I’m standing behind a sista with exposed weave tracks. Casual Friday followers know that I’m anti-weave so today’s post should not be a shocker.

Sistas!  If you choose the weave PLEASE check your entire head before leaving the house.  Right after you apply the Pretty Girl cosmetics and run your tongue over your teeth to remove lipstick smudges, grab a hand mirror, hold it to the back of your head, and turn your back to the door of the medicine chest.  Shine a really bright light on to your head and fix the problem areas. I shouldn't see where your hair and weave meet.  And, please make sure that I can’t see your natural naps ‘cause believe me, if the two hair textures are not a good match, there’s just no way that’s gonna look anything but mangy and nasty. 

The mess on your head is distracting.  I can't help but stare at you--for the wrong reasons.  And yes, your "oh, no she didn't" weave will become dinner conversation.

No comments: