Thursday, December 22, 2011

I Am Not My Hair

The tribal love rock musical “Hair” is coming to Philadelphia in January. The lyrics of the title song fit this hair show post better than spandex on J. Lo’s hips. Here’s what composers James Rado and Gerome Ragni wrote in the mid-1960s:

There ain’t no words for the beauty, the splendor, the wonder of my….HAIR!! I want it long, straight, curly, fuzzy, snaggy, shaggy, ratty, matty, oily, greasy, fleecy, shining, gleaming, streaming, flaxen, waxen, knotted, polka dotted, twisted, beaded, braided, powdered, flowered, confettied, bangled, tangled, spangled, and spaghettied!

Check out this display of Black creativity, enjoy one of our unique avenues of self-expression. This slide show will either leave you speechless, gasping for breath while laughing hysterically, or muttering “damn, wow, or oy.”

You can access the show at this URL:  http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/the-20th-annual-golden-scissors-awards/2011/12/12/gIQAq2PJqO_gallery.html#  My only caveat for you, dear reader, is don’t try this at home!
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think she is her hair either.....I wonder which visible parts (if any) actually grow out of her head........sherry e