Sunday, June 24, 2012

Gorgeous to the Maxx!

Maxi dresses continue to dominate the season.  This year’s versions can be found in colorful tribal prints, outrageous florals, inspired graphics, and simply saturated colors.  It’s a flattering style for most body types and lends a lady an air of elegance.

I scored this great dress on a weekend at the shore with friends.  During a break in the beaching we made a pilgrimage to TJ Maxx where I fell hard for this fabulous Calvin Klein frock.  This is a more sophisticated design than most of the casual maxis on the racks. It can go to theater, brunch, or Paris because it’s every woman’s go-to color--black--and its princess styling is classic.  I love it as a blank canvas for loads of fabulous accessories--silky scarves, neon hued belts, and head-turning statement necklaces.  A cute cropped cardi is the perfect topper.  I can wear high wedges or flat jeweled sandals with it although I chose to rock it with my favorite spring green Naya sandals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look gorgeous!! xoxo Melanie