Saturday, February 2, 2013

Vintage Beauty - Bill and Betty

Bill and Betty
Here we are in the late 1940s digging on my ultra-glamorous mom and her favorite cousin Bill.  From the many stories she told me during her lifetime, Mom and Bill were childhood best friends.  They spent countless Saturday afternoons at the movies rooting for the guys in the white hats, roller skated all over Winston-Salem together, and routinely risked their young lives hiking along train tracks. 

Check out my mom in her belted velvet coat.  Have you ever seen such a gorgeous topper?  I wish I'd been there to touch it--I bet it felt like corn silk.  I’ve looked at this photo millions of times and wondered what color the coat was.  What do you think--sapphire blue or forest green?  And the shoes--burgundy or coffee brown?

1 comment:

Christine Otis said...

I love your personal family touches; they grab me and I want to know more of the time past...