Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Jean Genie

The latest J. Crew catalog has another puzzling item for sale -- jeans that appear to be paint splattered for $168 (Vintage Slim Jean in Painter Wash).  I had jeans like that -- an old pair of men’s Levis from the Salvation Army that I wore to paint my kitchen.  I never thought those jeans were sexy.  I didn’t wear them with silver gladiator sandals, ropes of opera-length pearl necklaces and a silk jacket. 

If you have a spare $168 to spend on the latest spring looks, I would suggest Calvin Klein dark wash skinny jeans for $49.50 at Macy‘s.  They are just as sexy with ropes of opera-length pearls and a silk jacket.  The extra $118.50 could score both the black gabardine Tahari boyfriend jacket at TJ Maxx, and ropes of inexpensive colorful necklaces at Ten Thousand Villages.

If you must have jeans with a painter’s wash this spring, come over to the house and help us paint the upstairs hall.  We can get pizza!

No comments: