Monday, May 24, 2010

Hair Club


Janet Jackson has a new look -- very close cropped hair.  And it’s news.  Celeb watchers everywhere are feverishly asking each other -- why??  Most posts I’ve seen on the topic begin with an outraged “OMG!”

Here we go again -- the age old discussions about hair and women’s identity.  Janet removed the extensions and went natural.  She has (for now) shunned the flowing shoulder length locks that we associate with her.  Does she feel naked or free? 

Janet has a face that the camera loves and she’s rocking her natural hair.  She looked great in the photos that I saw.  This look has been embraced by many sistas for decades and has been carried off with ample attitude and tremendous style.

A pixie cap of curls, kinks, waves.  Yes, the crop is a bold move, but showing the world how much you love your hair is a sign of confidence.  And confidence is sexy.  Go, Janet!

2 comments:

Time4Grace said...

I think she looks fabulous!!! I love it. Makes me consider going close crop again!!!

LA White said...

Agreed! I think she looks younger and I love that a celebrity is comfortable in her own hair!