Saturday, June 19, 2010

Senior-itis!

When I’m 77 I’ll be sassy and classy.  I’ll be stylin’ something fierce, like my great aunt Lucile.  Elegant like Bacall and Horne, ravishing like Kitt.  Eccentric, wearing whatever the moon dictates.  Colorful, crazy.  Outfitted in urban black accented with swaths of Ruby Tuesday red, Baby Boy blue and Sunshine Superman yellow.  Jangling in mom’s brassy bracelets and ropes of faux pearls.  Rocking a cap of cropped glacier-white hair.

Found this cool blog that shows me how to do it.  Check out these pics of free-wheelin' and fabulous folks over 60!!  Show it to your mom, your flirty Uncle Jack.  Follow these examples and keep your future as fierce as your present.  When I'm 77 I'll show everyone how it's done; the path has already been placed before me.  Orthopedic Chuck Taylors will carry me down that path.

Photo of Iris Apfel courtesy of sfgirlsbay.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely LOVE it!!! Dana, here! Gonna need some down time to read some archives! Got one for the older males??

LA White said...

Thanks, Dana. Betcha I can find one! Give me a few weeks.