Friday, June 18, 2010

A Whiter Shade of Jean


White jeans, the ultimate symbol of summer, are everywhere right now.  I love them--they bring to mind sunny beaches, outdoor concerts at dusk, dining at sidewalk cafes in the city.  Everyone can look cool and stylish in them, but watch those grass stains.  And be careful with that glass of red sangria!

Styles range from simple and skinny to washed and distressed, and can be found at almost any price from bargain priced Old Navy ($15) to the more extravagantly priced True Religion ($275). In between are brands such as 7 for all Mankind ($149), Easy Money ($98), Rock and Republic ($158), and Levi's 542 ($32.99).

Accustomed to the slimming effect of dark wash?  Concerned about fit?  Check out this great guide to finding your perfect look.  And for extra panache, wear the jeans in the fall.

Photo courtesy of thefashionpolice.net.

2 comments:

Lola Gets said...

I know Im late, but I just had to comment! I bought two pairs of white jeans this year. One casual and one trouser-style. I wore them last month, and I am planning on rocking another this weekend, paired with boots and a fake-fur vest - whooo-hoooo!

L

LA White said...

Sounds hot! I'll probably wear my skinny whites in the next few days with my brown leather Chuck Taylors and a chunky knit brown sweater.