Saturday, November 26, 2011

High Style, Low Costs


I read recently that the average American spends about $1,700 a year on clothing.  Isn’t that kinda low?  I know people who spend that in one day!  All it takes is one pair of $500 pointy toe boots and a cashmere coat and you’re done.  But wait...don't women spend more on clothes than men?  And do you spend more if you're searching for a mate?

Contrary to the rumors out there, I do have a clothing budget.  I’m a pretty savvy shopper and I rely on my knowledge of clothing construction, fit, and quality to keep me looking sharp and stylish on a budget. 

Here's a great article with excellent advice on how to think like a stylist, the best fabrics to buy, how to check the construction of a garment, even a brief discussion of the merits of faux suede and pleather.  It’s like having a link to a personal wardrobe advisor.  Read it and you'll shop like a pro!

No comments: