Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sock It To Me


I hate having cold feet so socks are a MUST for fall and winter.  Knee socks are best--I need to be as toasty as possible.  Cold feet make me crankier than usual, so gimme my foot mittens!

I love making colorful statements by wearing socks festooned with flying pigs, contented cows, fluffy clouds, giraffes, letters of the alphabet, stripes of every width and color, paw prints, baby chicks wearing glasses, and the see-no-evil, hear-no-evil, speak-no-evil primates. 

The best foot warmers are at Target.  Not only do they hold their own against raggedy toe nails (don‘t act like you‘ve never had them), the elastic remains snug after repeated washings so the socks don’t run down into my shoes.  You can get Target socks with spots, colors, patterns, and seasonal themes (think about a Valentine Day game of strip poker featuring their heart-adorned socks).  You’ll find bargain-priced boot socks to tuck into motorcycle boots, and over-the-knee socks to peek out from the tops of knee high boots. 

So, drop into Target and stock up on some toasted-marshmallow, fresh-out-of-the-oven, steamy-bath warmth.  Down with popsicle toes!

No comments: