Sunday, February 5, 2012

On The Fringe


Picked up these incredible ginger-colored Minnetonka boots at The Wardrobe Boutique and was transported back to 1970s hippie chic. The suede is soft and the inside feels like my favorite slippers.

I heard Cher wailing her Top 40 hit, “Half Breed” when I stepped into these boots.  I thought of days-long music festivals like Watt-Stax and Isle of Wight, and Pat & Lolly Vegas, founders of the Native American rock band Redbone.  Remember their big hit “Come and Get Your Love?”

These boots also recall Sly Stone attempting to take the audience higher on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1968.  He and his sister Rose danced into the stuffy audience in similar funky footgear (no one shook their booties--the audience seemed frozen in fear…uh…place). 

My Minnetonkas will look great with tucked jeans, leggings, and my favorite corduroy pencil skirts.  They are just as comfortable as UGGS but have loads more style and attitude.  Love ‘em!

No comments: