Friday, April 24, 2009

Almost Famous

I was walking down Walnut Street this afternoon with no particular destination when I was stopped by a fabulous looking woman who said that I looked "amazing," and asked to interview me about my personal style. I was surprised and flattered and of course, agreed to the interview. Turns out she's Cynthia Gouw, the host and executive producer of Snapglow.tv on Philly.com.

She got me on a good look day. I felt great and it is the day before my birthday. The weather was scrumptious and I walking into town from the Cezanne and Beyond exhibit.

I was wearing Express skinny jeans which I had cuffed at the ankle, a black lacy MaxStudio short sleeved tunic with a black lace cami underneath, five year old black patent leather flats and black fishnet knee highs. My accessories of choice were oversized black sunglasses from Ann Taylor Loft and the luscious pebbled gray shoulder bag that I bought in Rome last year.

Ms. Gouw asked about the choices I made when I got dressed this morning, and here are my practical answers:
  • I live in jeans whenever I'm not on the job because they are versatile and comfortable
  • My jeans are cuffed because they are too long
  • Flats mean I can walk farther faster
  • Fishnet knee highs peeking out of the shoe funk up the look--give it an edge
  • Large sunglasses offer more protection from UV rays
  • The tunic is making its debut today after being purchased over a year ago
She asked permission to ask my age and I happily told her that I will be 55 tomorrow. I also told her mid-life women can still be sexy and stylish, and I'm out to prove it, but they've got to step away from shapeless sweatsuits, boxy sweaters, Mom jeans and gym shoes.

I only wish she had asked me about my lipstick! I was wearing Bobbi Brown's "Cassis," a rich rusty-red color that I admired on my gorgeous friend Jocie. The lipstick added polish to the look.

Ms. Gouw says that she will let me know when the piece is posted. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Jocelyn Arnold said...

I am so not surprised that anyone stopped you on the street because of your look! This blog is cool. I'll keep checking in. and yay, I got a mention!

Time4Grace said...

You're amazing! Loved this entry. Yes, you are a celeb and it is about time someone put you on blast (positively). Thank you. Your student, Lynda
PS. I knew I missed your birthday. I just knew it. I kept telling myself it was last week. I hope you will forgive me. But more important, I hope it was fabulous. Sounds like you were off to a great start.

LA White said...

Love ya! Please don't worry about missing my birthday--your friendship means much more to me than a card. BTW-you will be the subject of a future post. You've got style galore!