Monday, December 28, 2009

Boots Made for Walkin’


Check out my cool boots from Eddie Bauer -- yes, you read the retailer’s name correctly -- Eddie Bauer. The Frye harness boot is the inspiration for this sturdy, traditional style stomper.  These darlings can make a karate kick deadly or turn a foot stomp into an emergency room visit.  Sometimes a girl needs a little extra protection.

The Eddie Bauer catalog shows up regularly in my stack of mail, but I haven’t ordered from them in years.  The last significant order I placed was for a pair of low-heel milk chocolate brown leather knee high boots that I still wear and absolutely adore. (They remind me of Robin Hood -- I feel like I should have a great raucous adventure with my gang of merry sisters while wearing them.)

The Frye harness boot averages $225 although there are some pairs currently discounted to $159.84 on Zappos.com.  No argument that they are well made from good materials in styles that your teenaged daughter would covet.  They are made to last forever. 

The Eddie Bauer boots are currently $129.99 on their website.  I originally found them while absent mindedly flipping through their catalog over dinner.  I thought about them for a minute, wondering how to fit them into my closet and my budget.  However, based on past experience, I knew I would get a high quality product for a great price if I ordered from Eddie.  The new boots are well made of the smoothest leather with great hardware, flexible though not flimsy soles, and a low stack heel that makes them easy to wear all day.  They will make their debut once the ugly gray slush melts this weekend. 

Love ‘em!

No comments: