Saturday, December 12, 2009

A Thing of Beauty

I recently bought a birthday gift for a friend from a mall store. I took it home and disliked it immediately. It was impersonal, nothing special. It occurred to me that if the gift didn’t delight me it probably wouldn’t delight my friend. I returned the gift to the mall store, and picked out something unique and thoughtful from a small neighborhood shop. I loved it and knew that my friend would, too. The gift was a truer reflection of her interests and preferences.

Avoid the cookie cutter, anonymous gift routine this year – support your local artisans. One of my favorite artisans is my friend Lynda Black. She has crafted a collection of colorful bracelets that make a statement without being gaudy. They are not baubles, not mere trinkets. Each one is flower bed-pretty and encircles your wrist in an eye-catching kaleidoscope.

So, roll up your sleeves – you will want one of these handmade pieces. Your inner gypsy will thank you. For more information, contact Lynda through her blog, http://www.time4grace.blogspot.com.

2 comments:

Inner Gypsy said...

We totally concur, Lynda. It's time that people got back to some basics. Your idea is so much more human oriented thatn corporate oriented.
And we know that your inner gypsy will thank you, because we thank you for your humanity, and we are Inner Gypsy.

Check us out at http://www.innergypsy.com or you can "friend" us at
http://www.facebook.com/people/Mario-And-Tiffany-Sen/527149477

Best wishes

Time4Grace said...

With humility. Thank you.