Friday, July 13, 2012

Another Golden Oldie

Today’s color jeans are vivid reminders of the wonderful Wrangler.  Wrangler was THE name in casual/Western wear for men and women and a very popular brand during the 1960s-80s.  You just couldn’t be cute without a pair.  They were available in a rainbow of colors and variety of lengths--Bermuda-length, short shorts, and long.  And they were cheap, cheap, cheap!

I lived in them when I wasn’t wearing my boring school uniform.  I had pairs in denim blue, white, sky blue, mint julep green, and cherry red.  My friends wore them in sunny yellow, cotton candy pink, and Hershey bar brown.  I wore the mint green shorts through my college years.  They grew so soft and comfortable over time that they felt custom made.  I wore them until they were faded and in shreds.


Here’s a pic of the teenage me and my buddies at Hershey Park.  Three of the five of us are Wrangler-clad.  Also check out the pic of my college buddy in the navy and white striped Wranglers!  Crazy!





And yes, there’s nothing new under the fashion sun.

1 comment:

Christine Otis said...

Now this is some walk down memory lane! Those striped pants! I don't know about that pose though...