Saturday, September 28, 2013

Heartbreaker


G.H. Bass broke my heart. Burned rubber and dropped a bomb on me. (Where’s The Gap Band when you need them?) Waved me away with a simple “talk to the hand.”

Bass quit making women’s shoes in narrow widths! How could they do that? They are the preppy style standard and their shoes should be fit for all feet.  Now the cutest loafers and oxfords of the season are unavailable for women with feet as narrow as ice skate blades.

The new Candy Weejuns are “preppy and polished,” according the Bass website. These adorable Skittle-colored loafers could have been the linchpins of my casual wardrobe--I woulda bought ‘em in every color!  Guess I'll just have to Moonwalk through life in another brand.  

Bye-bye Bass!!  I'm no longer a fan--I'm taking my socks and going home.

No comments: