Sunday, September 15, 2013

My New Favorite Shoes!

I have a deep and abiding love affair with menswear. Dude duds have appealed to me since my early teens when I grabbed a shirt from my dad’s closet and wore it until it was threadbare. Cuff links, button down shirts with a vest and tie--I wear them all. In the 1990s I had a thrift store tuxedo tailored to fit me. Although the occasions to wear it were few, it was the sexiest suit I ever owned.

For the past few seasons I’ve been obsessed with women’s brogues, particularly wild for wingtips. I trolled the Internet like a hungry man looking for a club sandwich, and drooled when I found them in Schiaparelli pink patent leather, midnight blue suede, and silver leather with purple soles. Those shoes came with price tags that seemed to increase exponentially with number of letters in the designer’s name (Yohji Yamamoto and Fratelli Rosetti were more expensive than Bass), so I deferred purchase.

I was in London's Greenwich Market recently when Cupid’s arrow nicked my ankle as I passed a merchant featuring affordable women’s brogues in luscious, colorful leathers. I fell in love with every shoe on display, and bought a pair of adorable saddle tan and navy brogues that I’ll wear forever. Check them out!

No comments: