Saturday, September 21, 2013

Today's Things of Beauty

Friendship is a thing of beauty that's a joy forever. Friendship nurtures and informs you. It makes you better, stronger. Friends are not a dime a dozen--they're never a door buster special at Walmart on Black Friday. You'd best believe there is untold wealth at the heart of true friendship.

These beautiful pieces of jewelry were a gift from a friend. They belonged to her mom, a smart, together woman who had a flair and color all her own. Beads were often used as currency in African and Indian cultures, so I was honored to receive so much wealth.

Thank you, Jocie--these are gifts that I'll cherish forever, just as I cherish our friendship. 

1 comment:

Jocelyn Arnold said...

LOVE YOU too!!! I am so honored that my mom's fashion flair lives on through you, my icon!xxxxx