Sunday, December 15, 2013

There Are Places I Remember...


Here's my mom and me when I was thirteen. I don’t remember the occasion, but we were visiting my great aunt Cille and I’m sure that there was a scrumptuous homemade meal involved--perhaps even a coconut custard pie, my mom’s favorite.

Mom is wearing an emerald and sapphire blue suit that she made, and I’m decked out in a cute navy blue double-knit shift with a low-slung belt designed to accent the hips. I had no hips or waist at the time, but the fabric was kind to the under-developed teen figure. There was no drape or cling to call attention to my lack of curves. It was one of my favorite dresses!

1 comment:

BJS said...

What a fabulous photo. And you look so much like your mom. Both beautiful. This might be my favorite post yet!