Tuesday, December 31, 2013

An Unstylish Moment - New Years Eve 2013


We ponder extravagant party dresses during the winter holidays. So much excess, so much Cinderella. We drag out beaded ball gowns, cocktail frocks dripping with spangles and bangles, or pour ourselves into stretch lace minis. We get decked out like the halls--beribboned, sparkly, and blingy. The goal is absolute gorgeousness, the unforgettable kind that guarantees a steady stream of suitors in the New Year.

Well, I found the perfect outfit to ring in 2014--it doesn’t bling or zing, and it cost nothing. I shopped in my closet, and had my choice of animal prints, shimmering jewel colors, or vintage favorites. I finally settled on cozy and comfortable sweatpants and a fleece-lined hoodie. It’s perfect for this year’s NYE activity--staying in with my hubby, watching Monty Python, eating Indian take-out, and drinking Prosecco.

No inner debates over strapless vs sleeveless vs backless. Proper undergarments won’t matter. No shawl needed to warm bare shoulders. And if I fall asleep in my sweats, nothing gets crushed, torn, or rumpled. If I need opulence, I’ll slip on a cocktail ring.

Happy 2014 to my readers and supporters!  Each one of you is a source of inspiration.  Make this your most stylish year ever!

No comments: