Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Penney for Your Thoughts

Boy, did I get a surprise when I checked out JC Penney recently. I haven’t been a Penney’s shopper for decades.  Didn’t even know that they’d changed their moniker to “JCP.”  My memory of its stores included style-free women’s clothing that was decidedly uncool. So, although I’d heard about Penney’s hip new TV campaign, it was the opening of a new store in a nearby mall that really piqued my curiosity. 

I walked into a clean, brightly lit store brimming with the cutest, most colorful fashions!  And everything’s affordable, with most dresses in the $25-35 price range. I found good quality and expanded sizes! 

Unique items from Nicole Miller, Lulu Guinness, Bisou Bisou, Allen B, and Mac + Jac fill the racks.  My favorite piece is a Nicole by Nicole Miller leather shoulder bag in royal blue, emerald green, or Sunkist orange.  Roomy enough for everyday use and less than $100!   

Here’s a partial list of the goodies I saw: 
  • Adorable '60s-inspired A-line and sheath dresses
  • Black lace pencil skirts (my favorite daytime style statement).
  • Sexy black pleather dresses, jackets, and skirts (this is some fine faux skin).
  • Classic wrap dresses (pick up one today--you’ll be gorgeous in it tomorrow).
  • Strapless party dresses in gorgeous jewel tones (the 2012 holiday party season is just about over, but now’s the time to stock up for future occasions).
  • Pine green suede tuxedo jacket with leather piping
  • Super fun sequined tops and skirts (great for one more round of “Auld Lang Syne” and one more glass of champagne).
  • Tweedy cuffed slim trousers (you know they’d be perfect with your favorite booties).
Budget-minded fashionistas should pay a visit!

No comments: