Monday, December 24, 2012

Happy Holidays from Casual Friday!


There’s a kinda wide-eyed open-mouth wonder for many during the Christmas holiday season.  Breathtaking fantasy land shop windows, outrageously delicious smells, and twinkling lights on quiet nights can be mesmerizing.

Here’s the three-year-old me on Christmas.  Daddy is in the background.  Check out the look of absolute amazement.  Happily overwhelmed, unsure what fabulous gift to play with first.  The tea set?  The silken haired doll wearing a pink lace pinafore?  What about that shiny red tricycle--can I ride it now??

My holiday wish for all includes enchantment, joy, and peace within.  Embrace your loved ones.  Let your inner child come out and play.

2 comments:

BJS said...

Fabulous photo, Linda! I don't know if I love that robe or the tea set more. The whole scene truly captures a time, and lots of love.

LA White said...

Thanks! I love this photo, too.